Month: January 2022
Month: January 2022
Basic Plumbing System
- 1. PLUMBING • The art and science of creating and maintaining sanitary conditions in building used by humans. • It is also defined as the art and science of installing, repairing and servicing the pipes, fixtures and appurtenances necessary for bringing in water supply and removing liquid and water-borne wastes;
- 2. PLUMBING • the art and science of installing in buildings the pipes, fixtures and other appurtenances for bringing in the water supply and removing liquid and waterborne wastes. It includes the fixtures and fixture traps; the soil and waste pipes; vent pipes; the building drain and building sewer; and the storm drainage pipes; with their devices, appurtenances and connections to all within or adjacent to the building.
- 3. Historical Background • Since the dawn of civilization plumbing and sanitation has been part of human lives. All human beings, regardless of culture and race had been practicing the act of disposing waste since time immemorial. • Historians, in their attempt to trace the history of plumbing, events which had brought about changes that led towards the plumbing system that we know today, had painstakingly devised records of chronological events.
- 4. Historical Background • The first artifact to have been unearthed was a copper pipe used in a water system in the ancient palace ruins in the Indus Valley. It was estimated to be 5,500 years old. Such discovery established the earliest known knowledge on plumbing systems. • Around 2,500 BC, the Egyptians used copper pipes in their irrigation and sewerage systems. In the ancient Babylon, the science of hydraulics had been established as evidenced by their skillful planning in their network of canals. The inhabitants of Crete to collect water for drinking, washing, bathing and cooking purposes, constructed freshwater cisterns.
- 5. Historical Background • During the Roman Empire (500BC – 455AD), enormous concerns on the field of sanitation and plumbing had been observed those times. Aqueducts were built to convey water from sources to houses. Extensive underground sewer systems were constructed. Notable among these developments is the construction of underground public water supply system made of cast lead sections. • Public baths had proliferated; one particular example is the Bath of Diocletian, a bath that could accommodate 3,200 bathers at one time. These baths were lines with ceramic tiles. In addition. Roman bathhouses also include large public latrines, sometimes with marble seats. • The quality of plumbing declined after the fall of the Roman Empire in AD.. 476. During the middle ages, people disposed of waste materials by throwing them into the streets. !n 1500’s, a type of water closet was developed. Septic tanks were introduced in the mid-1800’s, and a modern sewerage system began operating in London in the 1860’s.
- 6. Roman Aqueducts
- 7. Roman Bathhouse (Thermae)
- 8. Roman lead pipe with a folded seam
- 9. Definitions and Basic Plumbing Principles Plumbing System • The plumbing system of a building includes the water supply distributing pipes; the fixture and fixture traps; the soil, waste and vent pipes; the building drain and building sewer; the storm water drainage, with their devices, appurtenances and connections within the building and outside the building within the property line.
- 10. Water Supply System • A system in plumbing which provides and distributes water to the different parts of the building or structure, for purposes such as drinking, cleaning, washing, culinary use, etc.; it includes the water distributing pipes, control devices, equipment, and other appurtenances.
- 11. Water Supply System
- 12. Drainage System • All the piping within a public or private premises which conveys sewage, rainwater or other liquid wastes to a point of disposal. A drainage system does not include the mains of public sewer systems or a private or a public sewage treatment or disposal plant.
- 13. Drainage System
- 14. Sanitary Drainage and Vent Piping System • The sanitary drainage and vent piping system are installed by the plumber to remove wastewater and water-borne wastes from the plumbing fixtures and appliances, and to provide circulation of air within the drainage piping.
- 15. Sanitary Drainage
- 16. Vent Piping System
- 17. Sanitary Drainage Pipes • Pipes installed to remove the wastewater and water-borne wastes from plumbing fixtures and convey these to the
One key lesson that anyone can learn and hold close throughout their entire lives is that nothing can be more helpful in any situation than a good relationship.
Whether it’s in the context of romance, business partnerships, family, friends, acquaintances, workmates, or fraternal brothers, the power of a well-maintained dynamic never fails. As you get older, you’ll eventually become more aware of this key life lesson because of how much it presents itself in various forms in almost every interaction you have each day.
However, did you know that the value and importance of a good relationship also apply to the bond you share with your plumber?
AN UNEXPECTEDLY-DEEP RELATIONSHIP
You probably have quite a handful of people in your life that you’re trying to build and maintain relationships with to the point where channelling the same energy with your plumber sounds crazy. But what if we told you that working on having a good relationship with your plumber is practical because they’ll tend to your home’s needs whenever you need them most?
You see, there are many plumbers in today’s market, but trustworthy ones that you can call anytime you need them are a dime a dozen.
With the risks of having a shoddy professional taking over your pipes and potentially worsening your situation, it pays to know and share a good relationship with a professional that you can trust. In fact, looking at the bigger picture will show you that having the best plumber on-call and maintaining mutual trust and appreciation is essential because:
1. It gives you immediate peace of mind once a stressful situation pops up
How many times have you found yourself groaning when you experienced a plumbing problem because you dread the fact that you could end up with a shady, lopsided professional that would rip you off?
If there’s anything that this means, it’s that you’ve been dealing with the wrong plumbers your whole life and you need to start forming a good relationship with a trustworthy expert. In essence, the pleasure of sharing a good relationship with a talented pipe specialist is that you’ll never have to panic when you get a pipe issue because you know and trust someone who can solve it ASAP without any back jobs.
2. It allows you to shell out without batting an eye
One of the biggest concerns that most homeowners have when hiring plumbers is the fear of getting ripped off because of not knowing what’s going to happen and whether or not the service is worth their price.
Admittedly, the thought of plumbing itself can cause a bit of a wallet ache because pipe and system repairs still have a bad reputation for being overpriced. However, with a good plumber whom you can trust, you won’t have to deal with or worry about this problem ever again because you can be confident in the fact that they’ll offer you a fair price because of your relationship. This means that you won’t need to worry about them taking advantage of the fact that you know nothing about plumbing and its true cost!
3. It guarantees that you get great service all the time
When you share a good relationship with your plumber and they see you as a valued client or customer, they’re bound to feel the need to go the extra mile to ensure that you feel confident and comfortable enough to trust them.
As a customer, this is an especially important benefit because it makes it far easier to know that you’re getting your money’s worth any time you need a plumbing service. At Capital Plumbing And Heating, we value the strong bonds we have with our valued customers to the point where we will stop at nothing to provide quality work, convenience, and confidence each time!
While you might not think much about the relationship that you have with your regular plumber, it’s vital to realize and act on the valuable opportunity to form a good relationship with them because of the benefits it offers. Once you start acting on the opportunity in question, you’ll assure yourself of valuable and stress-free plumbing experiences from here on out!
If you’re looking …
Plumbing is a skill that requires you to know your way around water, gas lines, and sewers within residential homes, commercial properties, and even educational environments like schools. Your home may sometimes experience minor plumbing issues that can easily be fixed without professional help. However, some problems can only be solved by a certified plumber from a licensed plumbing company.
Most people take their plumbing for granted and only seek professional services from a plumbing professional once things don’t function well in the house anymore. Without proper plumbing services and maintenance, it is impossible to carry out everyday tasks like cleaning, bathing, and cooking. This is why it is necessary to consult with a trustworthy plumbing company.
As a homeowner, plumbing problems like clogged pipes and dripping faucets may cause great inconveniences to you and your family, but these problems can easily be fixed with certified plumbers. Our licensed plumbing company, Just In Time, offers you the best plumbing services in Hinckley, IL. Our plumbers are highly trained to cater to your needs from repairs to replacements.
Hiring a licensed plumbing company will save you money and time in the long run and ensure that your plumbing problems are resolved. Let’s look at some of the advantages of working with a licensed plumbing professional.
PROFESSIONALLY TRAINED AND LICENSED PLUMBERS
Hiring a plumber without professional qualification and experience is similar to solving technical plumbing issues yourself; the effects are usually disastrous. For instance, if the inexperienced plumber installs a new water heater, you may experience temperature and water pressure-related problems.
Although an unlicensed plumber may be cheap and readily available within Hinckley, IL, it is safer to rely on a licensed plumbing company with well-trained plumbers.
An incompetent plumber may cause you more damage than good, leaving you with future plumbing problems even after spending your time and money relying on them. To avoid all these troubles, choose Just In Time plumbers to provide all your plumbing needs. We pride ourselves in offering the best plumbing services be it through servicing, repairing, or replacing.
PROFESSIONAL ADVICE AND RECOMMENDATIONS
When you directly source for a plumber, either through referrals or hearsays, the chances are that you may end up with an inexperienced plumber with less knowledge in the plumbing field. However, when you work with plumbers from a licensed plumbing company, you are bound to receive extra information and insight due to their experience in the field.
Professional plumbers go through extensive and detailed training. Combined with their experience in handling plumbing services, you can be sure of getting accurate and relevant expert advice and recommendations on anything related to plumbing.
THE RIGHT PLUMBING TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
Thanks to technology, we can now access the internet and scroll through home improvement videos in case we have problems in our homes. However, it is difficult to tell the cost and tools required to carry out these tasks. Plumbing services need unique tools that may be costly when rented or purchased.
Additionally, an inexperienced plumber may fail to carry the appropriate tools for the plumbing task. You may have to wait for them to search for the proper tools before returning to do the work. This could cost you time and resources. However, these instances rarely occur with Just In Time plumbers. We constantly remind our plumbers and emphasize the need to load our vans with all the necessary plumbing equipment to avoid any last-minute inconveniences. A licensed plumbing professional should be reliable, and we try to remain so to our esteemed clients within and around the area.
Whether the plumbing service needs screwdrivers, wrenches, tube cutters, or video cameras, we have the necessary equipment and tools that rightfully get the work done.
A tacky plumbing work may create multiple problems and lead to the loss of credibility of the plumber. A poorly performed plumbing repair or maintenance service also increases time and cost, otherwise being spent elsewhere. Always aim to hire qualified and reputable professional plumbers from a licensed plumbing company.
Like any other business, an excellent reputation draws in clients and improves their trust and reliability in the company. Just In Time is known for providing customer-friendly …
8 Top Plumbing Blog Article Ideas to Increase Traffic
Running a plumbing business is no easy task, regardless of whether you operate as a sole contractor or as part of a team of plumbing professionals. Time is always critical when you have to carry out administrative tasks like scheduling, billing, managing sales, and distributing payroll on top of being on-site for an actual plumbing job.
As a result, many plumbing professionals put off marketing concerns. Nevertheless, in today’s digital world, the process of finding leads and building customer retention requires more than face-to-face referrals. This is where plumbing blogs come in handy.
The fact is that blogging is an effective marketing strategy, even for professional plumbers. Data shows that businesses that blog receive, on average, 55% more website visitors than businesses that don’t. Even better, the plumbing industry offers fertile ground for blogging.
To keep your blogging schedule full and your content high-quality, our SEO experts for plumbing businesses at Relentless Digital share their top eight plumbing blog post ideas below. Before reading the top eight plumbing blog article ideas, take a look at a few of our best SEO tips, plus the benefits of blogging for your plumbing business.
Benefits of Blogging for Your Plumbing Business
Have you ever wondered how blogging benefits home services like residential or commercial plumbing companies? When used as part of a comprehensive digital marketing strategy, blogging can provide numerous benefits for your local business, as follows.
1. Blogging Generates Leads
Recent research concluded that companies with blogs generate roughly 67% more leads than those without. Increasingly, consumers read blogs instead of traditional email marketing or brochures to learn about companies that offer the home services they need.
2. Blogging Creates SEO
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a process by which your company’s website is indexed higher on search engines like Google. Search index positions drive traffic, build brand awareness, and affect sales. Blogging is a very effective way to organically build SEO on your site.
3. Blogging Builds Backlinks
Any hyperlink on a popular post from another organization or company to your website counts as a backlink. Google uses backlinks to rank companies because the presence of a backlink indicates that another company endorses your product or service. For plumbers, blogging helps you build a strong backlink portfolio that will bring more visitors to your site.
4. Blogging Shows Authority
Along with a strong portfolio of backlinks and solid SEO, a regular stream of high-quality blog content establishes your plumbing company as a web authority. The authority status you gain on the web will eventually translate into an increase in customer leads and confidence in your services.
5. Blogging Improves User Experience
User experience is a key component in building and maintaining brand trust. Visitors who have a positive experience on your website are more likely to return for future plumbing needs. A blog or how-to guide on your website enhances the user experience by offering a place to answer questions and provide valuable information.
6. Blogging Helps With Social Media
Running a blog can provide you with extra content to share and link to on social media networks. For example, you can share a popular post on your social profiles to help your followers solve problems or answer questions.
How to Write Good Content for Your Plumbing Blogs
A successful plumbing blog finds the sweet spot between offering relevant information and discussing interesting topics. Your goal should be to cover all the bases on a given matter in an easy-to-read format.
The following tips will help you write engaging content, no matter the topic:
- Write a clear, descriptive title.
- Break content up into sections using subheadings.
- Add pictures in places where visual representations are helpful.
- Provide a comprehensive overview of your topic.
- Avoid plumbers’ jargon to ensure that your readers understand the information.
- End with a call to action that includes your business name and contact info.
Don’t be afraid to learn as you go, either. Once you’ve posted a few how-to guides and plumbing blogs, utilize tools such as Google Analytics to track which ones are performing the best. Measuring the traffic generated by your past blogs will help you